NW - Thermally bonded Nonwoven Geotextiles.
"A range of white thermally bonded nonwoven geotextiles that offer the highest levels of engineering performance and quality standards when used in the applications of Separation and Filtration.".
Soil separation, filtration or erosion control?
The NW range of Staple Fibre Needle Punched and Thermally Bonded Nonwoven Geotextiles have been designed to offer optimum performance per unit weight. Their resulting mechanical robustness and excellent hydraulic properties make them the ideal choice for separation and filtration. Produced on state of the art equipment, the Bontec NW geotextile range sets standards in terms of quality and mechanical performance.
Bontec NW facts include:
- UniformTensile strengths in all directions up to 45 kN per metre (kN/m) width CBR Puncture Strengths ranging from 1.1 to 7.5 kN
NW Mechanical Properties that offer maximum strength in all directions throughout the length and width of every roll
Our unique manufacturing process utilising both mechanical and thermal bonding processes ensures that the NW range offer superior performance at lower weight
- Waterflows normal to the plane that are generally several times more than that required by design
- A range of consistent opening sizes suited for use in soils ranging from clay to coarse granular fill.
NW hydraulic properties that stimulate the build up of a natural soil filter in the adjacent soil and so ensure long term filtration stability.
Available ex-stock in 5.25m wide rolls or other widths to order
Through the incorporation of an NW fabric in a separation/stabilisation design you can be assured of improved soil bearing capacities and with it a more stable construction.
Typical applications for NW thermally bonded non woven geotextiles include:
- As a general purpose separator for use under site access roads and areas of hardstanding
- As a separation and strengthening layer under new roadways, car parks, industrial units etc.
- As a fliter surround in the construction of a french drain or granular drainage blanket
For separation: to prevent the intermixing of dissimilar soil layers
For filtration: to allow the passage of fluids whilst preventing the uncontrolled passage of soil
NW Nonwoven Geotextiles play a major role in providing the functions of separation and filtration in numerous construction applications. In many instances the NW fabric actually performs both functions in one. A good example being their inclusion in Railtrack maintenance, where as a separator/filter layer below the track ballast their use minimises potential track failure from pumping (the upward movement of fines from the underlying formation to the ballast).
A general overview with detailed technical data of this range can be downloaded by clicking the following link:
A detailed datasheet for a specific quality can be send on request by clicking the following link: