"A high-quality needle punched nonwoven geotextile that, when installed on a bituminous tack coat, performs as a stress absorbing membrane interlayer (SAMI) and inhibits the upward propagation of cracks from the underlying pavement into the overlay". This condition is often referred to as reflective crack control.
Due to its unique structure, Bonarpave:
- Offers optimum tensile strength with high corresponding elongation. This ensures that the saturated nonwoven will absorb stress but still follow the contours of the underlying surface
- Exhibits critical bitumen retention properties that ensure sound adhesion between the old and new surfacing layers. This encourages bitumen to be drawn up from the tack coat and provides for an easy installation that results in a strong bond being developed between the fabric and underlying surface.
- Forms a permanent waterproof barrier that prevents moisture or water penetration into the road base from above. This protects the subsoil from water intrusion through the pavement and any subsequent reduction in bearing capacity. The product is available in several widths and has been tested in the Belgian Road Research Centre.
"Working together these properties help extend the pavement service interval".
Further advantages of Bonarpave include:
- the white colour of Bonarpave allows the installer to visually check that the correct quantity of tack coat has been absorbed during the installation process
- the durability of the new surfacing is increased
Typical applications for Bonarpave include:
- in the construction of new roads, motorways and other forms of bituminous surfaced carriageways
- at the new/old interface on carriageway widening projects
- below new asphalt overlays in general pavement
- in repair and local patch maintenance
A detailed datasheet for a specific quality can be send on request by clicking the following link: